Wednesday, June 2, 2010

new wave

I have delayed this post because I don't have the proper pictures to accompany it. Nonetheless, it must go up, lest I forget.

It's time I confess...I applied to be a freelance blogger for one of my favorite websites recently. As of yesterday, I was officially rejected. Let me say here that there have been few (really, I can't think of a single one) jobs that I have applied for that I did not get. Perhaps I have a way of convincing people that they can't live without me. I'm not sure. But, I do know that rejection stings. Bad. I was sure this was the job for me - that God had placed this in my lap, sat back, crossed his arms and grinned, pleased with Himself for the amazing things I was about to do, thanks to Him and the abilities He's given me. Not so. Maybe God did place the opportunity in my lap, but it was not so that I would get the job. I don't know why, but He did not want me there. So, I move on. Rejected. And perhaps a little turned off of my own blog...thus the lull.

We all know I don't want a job outside the home. But when it comes right down to it, I really would love to be back at dL Salon. It has been my most loved job since forever. My friends are there. The blog thing would have been nice on the side, is all.

We got a new pool. (Wouldn't it be great if I was talking about a real-deal-holifield in-ground pool??) It's one of those 8-or-so-foot inflatable pools from WalMart. It's fun. We've already had to purchase chlorine to combat the algea and will soon be purchasing a tarp and a skimmy-net to combat all the junk that falls in that I obsessively try to scoop out instead of enjoying the wade. Needless to say, it's become a bigger hassel than I expected. I'm pretty sure Joey expected it. He's such a dad.

I've told you before that Waylon loves swimming. He does. He is a swimmer, without a doubt. Sitting in this little inflatable pool, however, is not swimming. I'm virtually positive he's just wondering what we're doing taking a cold bath...outside...together...with our clothes on. hmph. We got him a swimg ring, so now when he sits in the pool I don't have to hold him up the whole time. Which gives me more time to scoop bugs out and focus on my tan. It suits us fine.

It's hard for me to believe that May is officially over (for a few days now, even). It was super busy and went by super fast. We spent Memorial Day weekend in Auburn at Lolly's house. We had lots of big plans with Auburn friends that all fell through, but our time with Lolly was as sweet as ever.

Kyle has been in China with Aunt LeAnn (Dad's other sister) for the last week and I am anxiously awaiting notification that he has made it home safely today. You won't catch me there. China's a little too restless for me.

About a week ago, I cut my hair even shorter than it was originally. I told you I would. I like it, mostly. I look like I'm four most of the time, and I can't pull it back. Mom says it chic and likes it better like this than long, which is saying a lot.

It's the Katie Holmes cut. I confess.

No comments:

Post a Comment