Thursday, September 23, 2010

m.d.uh-oh

Who knew that getting into Mother's Day Out was like acceptance to Yale? The plan is for me to go back to dL Tuesday and Thursday mornings from 9 to 1. Eight hours a week. You have no idea how much anxiety eight measley hours is causing me. Actually, if you've followed this blog, you probably do. So I figured I would just call up MDO, tell 'em we were coming and bam! Waylon would be kicking it with some other onesie friends a few hours a week, seeing what life is like on the other side. Not so fast.

Apparently, registration is in FEBRUARY. The sweet women that I've talked to at several churches gently let me down with an aww-sweetie undertone. Man! Who do you have to pay off in this city to get your kid in good??

We're still trying. And praying. God will open up the place where Waylon is supposed to be, I know. Or He won't and that will be a clear sign that I am not supposed to go anywhere.

The good news is that Waylon will definitely get into Briarwood next year. That's, apparently, an accomplishment. I did put aside all pretenses and doubts and look at one place in Moody. Not going to happen. It's exactly what I pretensed. Yeck.

In the meantime, September will not slow down. It's constant action in the Adams' home. Joey and I have a fourth anniversary coming up in a few days. Maybe we'll order pizza.

1 comment:

  1. Try Community Presbyterian Church -- right off of 411. Their MDO is Tues/Thurs 9-2. I went there from a recomendation from my neighbor (who is a doctor and wife a nurse) and they loved it! I had Maddie registered there but took her out before she started because of scheduling conflicts. It was really nice and the two ladies who run it are so great!

    ReplyDelete