Tuesday, April 6, 2010

back with a seven month round-up




I mean, has it been a while or has it been a while? I have been oblivious to the world around me for the last week or so. I decided to spring clean this year. I have never done this before, and have since decided that it is, in fact, for the birds. No. Really, I am glad to do it. It's the hardest physical work I've done since labor and delivery, but I suppose the end product is almost as good. Just kidding. All that to say that every minute of my spare time has been spent purging and scrubbing. You can ask anyone who's tried to call me last week or so far this week. I haven't answered...or called back. Been busy. Thus the lull in blog posts.

But, I'm back. I have finished the brunt of the work and have found a moment to my blog, albeit a brief one as Waylon is currently preaching to his Ugly dolls, awaiting his triumphant rescue from his prison-crib. That boy. Something else.

By the way, he is seven months old this very day. I know he is significantly bigger than he was this time a month ago, but I feel like a whole lot hasn't changed. Let me list and we'll see. At seven months, Waylon...

got two teeth in two weeks
is currently awaiting the arrival of tooth #3
loves to suck on my nose and my cheek (we call them kisses)
thinks big people food is exactly what it's cracked up to be
is learning to finger-feed himself
might be done with blow-outs (we're keeping our fingers crossed)
jumps. all the time. in the Jumperoo, in my arms, on my lap, on the changing table.
rolls over with ease
sleeps well on his tummy, but gets stuck there. needs help.
sleeps an average of 11 hours at night with little to no interruption
is way easier and more fun to take care of than our two dogs
still hasn't said 'ma-ma'. he's close. very very close.
might have figured out what we're doing with the camera. poses.
sits up. until he forgets or gets distracted, then he falls over. this happens often.
sings. along with the music in the car, at church, or when I sing.
stayed with someone other than me (Grandpa) for the first time. 3 hours.
still wishes he didn't ever have to sleep during the day. and still tries sometimes.
loves being outside even more than last month
is starting to throw things on purpose (food, spoon, pacifier, toy)
loves to play peek-a-boo. laughs hysterically when he reveals himself.
has a LOT to say about EVERYTHING
thinks his Mama and Daddy hung the moon.

He is growing and changing so fast. He's becoming an actual little person. I thought about this yesterday when he was playing peek-a-boo with me. He covers his own face. Then, I make a big deal about not being able to find him. I call his name and ask where he went and on and on. Then, when he's ready, he rips the cover from his face with the biggest grin. I exclaim, 'Oh, there you are!!' And he dies laughing. Every time this cracks him up. And me, too. It's so crazy to me that he is putting all this together already and playing this game intentionally. He might as well be writing his name.

It has already been almost summer-ish outside and we have gone for a walk every day, which Waylon loves. We have been outside as much as possible, cause Lord knows as soon as the real Alabama summer heat kicks in, this Mama's gonna be sitting under a fan sipping sweet tea. Sorry kid. Daddy will be home soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment