Tuesday, January 5, 2010

the breast things in life are free

So, it's been almost a month since I updated last. Maybe exactly a month. It's challenging to me because I don't like my blog. There. I said it. It's not cute. In fact, it is far inferior to all my friends' blogs. But, I don't know what to do. It takes 24 hours for me to upload pictures (not really, but close) and I don't know how you get those adorable backgrounds and I still haven't figured out what the description of this blog is. There is so much pressure in this blog-saturated day to have the perfect one and I am crumbling under it. If anyone would like to volunteer their blog-spertise and fill me in, consider this your open invitation and an advanced appreciation.

Waylon is 4 months old now and he changes by the second. It is the funniest thing in the world to witness him experiencing life and the world for the first time. It's great. That's what I've always loved about children. It's priceless. Every day, it seems, he discovers a new body part. Last month, his hands were all the rage. Now, his feet fascinate him and it is sooo funny to touch Mama's face with his toes. He's discovered he can suck on something whenever he wants if it belongs to him - his fingers, his sleeve, his bottom lip, his upper lip. He can now grab things and bring them to his mouth. Actually, he grabs everything and brings it to his mouth. It's like he's wearing velcro mits. Anything that gets close to his hand falls prey to his bizarrely strong grip. I'm afraid the finding of the contents of his diaper are only days aways and then I'm in for it.

Oh! The best is that he's ticklish now. Oh my gosh, it's adorable. He only does it for Joey (which I feel is my first taste of Daddy=fun, Mama=nurturing). I know Joey really really loved him before, when he was younger, but now that W's responding to him more, he is completely enamored. Joey finally has someone that appreciates and loves his 'feather ruffling.' Most people would probably think he's a tad rough with the little guy, but I'm telling you he loves it. I guess he's used to it. W loves to stand up now and he's really good at it. Joey thinks he will skip crawling all together and go straight to 400m dashes. As he pulled him up tp his lap last night, he asked W if he wanted to be the snapper or the quarterback. W thought about it a minute and decided he didn't care. Our precious neighbors lent us their little boy's exer-saucer (is that even a word that has a correct spelling?) so that W could sit-stand-sit-stand-sit all day long if he wants to. We are so grateful. He thinks it's the best thing since bottled milk. Just in the last week or so, he found his scrunch muscle in his nose. Now he scrunches his nose and curls a lip and it's so funny. Yesterday, he decided it would be easier to just knaw on his tongue, since it's already in his mouth. We've got to cut that out. Doesn't look right.

We spent lots of nights away from home over the holidays. All the grandparents just about kissed all the cute right off of Waylon. He and I spent a couple of nights in Auburn with Lolly without Joey. We missed him greatly. Came home right away. Joey gave me Wii Fit Plus for Christmas, which I am super excited about. Look out Jillian Michaels (is that the girl's name from Biggest Loser?).

Most recently, I had a fight with Mastitis. Wow. It just about got the best of me. Chills, nausea, fever, aches, headache, crazy breast pain, low supply, dizziness, extreme fatigue....what else? It was rough. But I beat it. Still pumping. Thud thud thud (that's the sound of me patting myself on the back).

All in all, it's been the best December of my life. God is good.

2 comments:

  1. meg! blogging is full of pressure. i tend to do a week on, a week off. the pressure is too great to stand up under sometimes!! :)

    bless your bones (or breasts) with the mastitis. you're a trooper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got Wii Fit for C'mas. It told me I was 49. Charlotte & I did yoga today. Ruby watched from her exer-saucer. Mastitis! OUCH! I'm so proud of you for pumping! Keep it up, girlie! I had to pump while Ruby was in the hospital...it SUCKS! (no pun intended)

    ReplyDelete