Tuesday, January 5, 2010

i almost forgot

I am devistated. Call me old fashioned, but I love love a good magazine. I don't want to peruse a website, I want to smell the ink, flip each glossy page, dog-ear and rip em out. I love magazines. Always have. Well, the best secular magazine out there for moms/families is Cookie. It is absolutely darling. It's pages are filled with useful information on mothering children of all ages, spotlights on under-the-radar celebrity moms, excellent beauty and stule advice, practical recipes and decorating ideas. Their website (ok, I used to look at it when I was at the salon, when I got bored) has fantastic tours of kids' rooms. Helped me decorate Dub's. I mean, it's just a fabulous magazine. So, I asked for a subscription for Christmas. Didn't get it, but collected the money specifically to purchase it for myself. Merry Christmas, me! Pull the website up 5 minutes ago and they are no longer accepting subscriptions! Devistation. For real.

There are a few things I forgot to mention in today's previous blog. It seems I did this last month. Blogged twice in one day and then waited about 30 just to blog twice in one day again. Cool. Waylon hit a growth spurt. Big. On Monday, he was wearing 3 month footed pjs (called sleep-n-plays ... they are the easiest, with a shirt, pants and socks all built in!), and on Tuesday the exact same pjs were about 2 inches too short. No lie. Packed them all up for Baby 2. Being said, Mama got to go shopping!! Which is like scratching an itch that you haven't been able to reach for a month (thank you, Dave Ramsey). Hit up the cutest little consignment shop in Opelika. It was wonderful. As far as I'm concerned, the best shopping is done when there is a legitimate need and the purchases are bargains. Can't wait to go to another c-shop!

Little piece of greatness my sweet new neighbor friend gave me... daytime and nighttime diapers. This has indeed saved us some bucks. If you haven't tried them (and of course, if you have a family member that uses infant diapers), you should check out Target brand diapers. They are super absorbant, pretty soft, not bulky, super cute and significantly cheaper than name-brand diapers. SO, what you do is put the kid in cheap-o diapers during the day and crazy-expensive, you-just-peed-on-your-college-fund diapers at night. You use one name-brand diaper a day! Seriously, check out the price difference. Do the math. When your child is a successful doctor/lawyer because you were savvy enough to save a few pennies a diaper to add to the college fund, you will be so glad. Thank me later.

When I mentioned that Joey gave me Wii Fit Plus for Christmas, I forgot to add that he also gave me the Auburn jersey that I've always dreamed of owning. Cheesy, but I will wear it every game day. It's my new lucky jersey. AND, Kyle, my awesome brother and Mom, my awesome mom, got me a Pottery Barn Kids DREAM ROCKER!!! omg. I am so excited about that rocking chair, it's rediculous. It will be here Friday. I am rearranging my whole house around this rocking chair. It is going to change my life, I think.

Here's a little quote I found from Leo Tolstoy. It's great, even though we all know where the salvation of the world actually comes from!

'Yes, mothers, in your hands more than in those of anyone else, lies the salvation of the world!'

It's a little empowering to think that I am in fact raising a child that could become a man that changes the world somehow.

No comments:

Post a Comment