Friday, February 12, 2010

shoo bug




Waylon's got a bug. He's sick for the first time in his whole little life. It breaks my heart. Doesn't bother him a bit, but it tears me up. I'm pretty sure it's just a cold - runny, crusty nose, congestion, rattly cough. But, seriously he doesn't even know. At the first sign of a sniffle, I thought about calling the pediatrician, then realized I have an even better sick source at my disposal. My friend Angie has a 3 year old and a 6 month old who, for some reason, have been perpetually sick all winter. Bless her and them...and Adam. She told me not to worry, to use saline drops, a humidifier, lots of extra hugs, and keep an eye on things. So, per Dr.Angie's suggestion, that's what we're doing. (She's a smart girl and a super mom. She knows.;)

In the meantime, we're supposed to get snow today and maybe Sunday, which goes great with a cold. So, Lolly's on her way up from Auburn to get snowed in with us. And I can't wait. It has been a MONTH since we've seen her. That's probably the longest in my life that I've gone without seeing my mom. It's time.

I went back to Publix on Wednesday. I bought a paper on Sunday. I spent Tuesday afternoon clipping coupons, comparing sale ads and making a very strategic grocery list. I was going to beat the system this week. Double coupons right and left. Buy one get one's all over the place. At the last minute, I decided to edit my grocery list, unknowingly eliminating the double-couponed items and all but two of the BOGO's. Needless to say, I spent the week's grocery budget plus 30 bucks. I'm done with Publix. Sure, if you happen upon the perfect storm of an item you use, a doubled coupon and a BOGO, you win. But, the rest of the time, you lose lose lose. Their non-sale items are too expensive. I already have to go to Target to buy diapers and it's no fun going to 2 grocery stores a week. So, I'm done. And the winner is...Target.

1 comment:

  1. You're so sweet. I love you so much. Down with the cootie bugs! Hope ya'll feel better soon. (We're going to miss ya'll this weekend.) Hugs -

    ReplyDelete