Wednesday, March 10, 2010

sweetest dreams

Last night was even better than the night before. Maybe Waylon was sleeping so restlessly because he was in our room. Maybe he was trying to prompt me to move him out. I wouldn't put it past him.

Before Waylon was born, I spent lots of time in his room. Sure, I was admiring mine and Joey's handiwork and marveling at my decorating skills, but mostly I was imagining him. Imagining what he would feel like and smell like and sound like. And how irresistible he would look when he was sleeping. Sometimes, I even took naps in there, my big ole pregnant belly lying on that floor. I loved being in there because it reminded me how close I was to the life of my dreams. It reminded me that I was not in fact dreaming. This was going to happen. Soon.

The other night after dinner, as Waylon slept, Joey and I crept in to take a peek.

Awe.

There is no doubt in my mind that of all the things I've seen so far and all the things left for me to see, that will be one of the most precious. Every time I put him down to rest, I say 'sweetest dreams in all the world,' and 'I love you with my whole heart.' Just want to make sure he knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment