Monday, March 1, 2010

hello march

Don't you love the first day of a new month? I sure do. It's like, 'It's ok, here. Here's a new one. You can start over!' Thanks! On that note, our budget happens to be going much better than expected. Why wouldn't it be by now, you may be wondering? It's been 2 real months and a practice month. But, it's not that easy. It's some intense accounting going on here. Every month, we have to account for every penny spent and earned and reevaluate for the following month. It's extreme Ramsey budgeting, but very worth it. We are 'living like no one else, so later we can live like no one else.'

Here's something: do you know what my dream job would be? Don't say mother. Duh.
I really am not even sure what you call it. I dream of being a voice over. Cartoon voices. Movies, shows, commercials, whatever. I would LOVE to do this. And, I would be really really good at it (toot - my horn). I used to be very into acting, and tend to be on the dramatic side. Not to mention I have been given the gift of voicing (?). I can do all these fun voices. (This is sounding weirder and weirder. Stay with me.) SO, here's a little bit of a self-plug. Can you do this anywhere? How does it work? How does one get into this? Don't do research. I can do that. But, if you happen to know someone or something off the top, fill me in. I'll give you a cut.

Consignment shopping was semi-successful this past weekend. The two that I went to were much smaller than I anticipated. I got 15 pieces for $19. Not too shabby. Hitting another one or two this weekend for a few more essentials.

Waylon used his lips to make sounds! Until now, all his sounds have been made with his tongue (you know, d, g, th, k). This is very exciting for me because it can only mean that 'ma-ma' is coming soon. He's making 'b' sounds. It has only happened twice so far and he gets stuck, right there with his little lips stuck together. 'Bbbb...'

Took the 'no phone zone' pledge with Oprah this week. I used to be a big O fan, but she has waned. I would go so far as to say that only 2 of 5 shows a week are worth my time. But, I think this is brilliant, so I participated. Just committing to not use a cell phone (talking or texting) at any time while operating a car. Makes sense, huh?

Apparently I am embracing the opportunity to challenge and change myself these days (Ramsey budget, extreme grocery saving, tv fast, second-hand vow, phone zone pledge). It's good. I am even figuring out how to unwind a little bit. In the movie 'Family Stone', Luke Wilson's character tells Sara Jessica Parker's character that it's got to be exhausting staying so tightly wound all the time. It is. I can testify. Waylon showed me, among other things, that I am OCD. I've decided to let that go. There are so many things more important than everything being cleaned and/or in its place - like my husband and my son and my God. So, I'm done. I have even been known to go to bed with dirty dishes in the sink and dirty socks on the floor these days. Funny thing is, they're right there the next day, waiting on me. It's not so bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment