Wednesday, March 3, 2010

what's for dinner

So, due to the inclement weather (read - it's too cold and windy today), Waylon and I decided after our little dog walk this morning that we would go to the grocery tomorrow instead. It's just too yuck. (Side note: We're trying yet another store. I think it's a Food World, here in Moody. Joey thinks it's the solution to the ongoing grocery budget issue. As usual, I'll let you know.)

Since I usually grocery shop on Wednesdays, I plan my weekly menu from Wednesday to Wednesday. Seems like my friends are always talking about sharing and trying new recipes, so I thought I would share the menu for this week.

Tonight, I'm trying crock pot BBQ chicken with corn bread and frozen mixed vegetables (the good ones, not veg-all).

Thursday: Tourtiere (spiced meat pie). This is new. I'll let you know.

Friday: Tuna noodle casserole. Also a new recipe. Also will let you know.

Saturday: Burgers on the grill and souped-up mac and cheese (yum!)

Sunday: Baked Ziti and salad.

Monday: Roasted vegetable Pie. New.

Tuesday: Meatballs with mashed potatoes and a green veg, maybe green beans.

I find my grocery shopping most efficient and my evenings less hectic when I have a menu to follow. And, I am always on the look-out for a new yummy recipe.

Just so you know, and you probably already do, Joey and I are on some kind of tight grocery budget. Also, I am on a never-ending mission to transform Joey into a health-conscious eater. So, not all of our meals are the lowest fat (obviously) but I try to choose things that he likes and tweak them to be a little healthier than he would expect. Then, when he says it's delicious, I reveal. Tricky, huh? Not to mention the fact that I usually have a 6-month-old baby on my hip whilst doing said cooking, so everything I make is relatively quick (or requires some planning ahead) and easy-ish.

So, if you also appreciate somewhat healthy, realtively quick and easy dinners, try mine! Whenever I happen upon a recipe worth keeping, I'll post it for you to try, too.

And let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment