Sunday, March 7, 2010

toothed

Waylon got a tooth! He turned 6 months old yesterday and got a tooth for his half-birthday! I was so excited. I was lying on the floor next to him. He was chewing on my finger and all of a sudden, I felt it. I almost did a cartwheel. I'm so proud of my boy. He's been working on that tooth and we didn't even know it. He's been just as happy as ever...well, almost. He has a couple of crazy days with traces of fussiness and sleepless nap times and abnormal hyperactivity, but other than that... I'm just so proud. A tooth. He's also...

decided rolling over's not all it's cracked up to be
really over just lying around (he's convinced he could run if we'd just put him down)
making p's and b's
decided 'with the flow' is the best way to go. People comment on how happy and easy
he is all the time and they're right. I'm spoiled.
jumping and shaking a mean Elvis leg
becoming more interested in other little people (esp Locke)
grabbing, hitting, scratching
sucking his thumb
wondering what we're eating and drinking (though we still haven't gone back to
cereal)
growing his hair out
enjoying our walks and runs more
flirting
preaching to his ugly doll mobile and Charlie bunny and anyone who will listen
completely fascinated with Stella (which is good. She needed a new friend.)

He's also started doing the cutest little cuddley, kissy thing with my face after I burp him. He puts his hands on each cheek and nuzzles me. I could sit nose to nose with him all day long. It melts me.

Lolly came this weekend and when I told her we were supposed to have tuna noodle for dinner on Friday, she offered to stop and get some chicken to grill and potatoes to roast. Slight detour, but we're back on for tuna noodle tonight. I'll report tomorrow. We did have a wonderful weekend with her, though. Waylon adores her. She's so crazy and funny. And her hair is wild.

On Saturday, I hit a couple more consignment sales with Kristen (sweet neighbor friend.) Super success - 15 pieces of clothing for $18. These sales happen twice a year and last about a month. I'm trying to get enough clothes to get him through to the next sale season (which will be fall/winter.) So, between last weekend and this weekend and Joey's sweet friend at work that keeps giving us boxes of clothes, he's got 9, 12, 18 and 24 month clothes for spring/summer. Hope that lasts.

Then, Saturday afternoon, we went over to Aunt Dinah's house where Waylon got to meet his Uncle Emmett for the first time. They liked each other. Waylon laid a big wet kiss right on Aunt Dinah's cheek.

Looking forward to a great week this week. We've got doctor's appointments and play dates and dinner dates. Should be good.

Right now I've got a fresh pot of coffee whispering my name.

No comments:

Post a Comment